Saturday, August 20, 2011

OWH BlogSkip: CAS!

So today's inspiration was to make a CAS (Clean and Simple) card. There was so much great inspiration! I have made one card and am going to attempt to make another. For this card I used a technique my mother-in-law found that sounded like fun. I took foil and folded it to size then ran it through my Cuttlebug. It amazingly holds the embossing because of the strength of the layers of foil. I love how it turned out when I used it with my new Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Snow Flurries folder! The stamp is from Stampin Up! and the ribbon I got from Michael's new Christmas ribbon. I hope you like it as much as I do.

7 comments:

  1. I love this! I never thought to use foil. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Deborah! Love that metal embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for the tip about using multiple layers. I never had much luck using one layer and then getting it to hold up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That folder look stunning with foils! Now that I see this, I'm going to have to buy it!!

    Thanks for the enabling! LOL! Doesn't take much to hook me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you have WORD Verification turned on? Sad to say, but it's true and I know, because I always struggle with the words and gave up and turned mine off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete